Thank you Verizon.
Saturday night was the deadline for Verizon workers to go on strike, Sunday there was no phone service in our neighborhood. Now we did have a storm Saturday but, in 20 years we’ve never lost phone service and it happens on the strike deadline. Coincidence, I think not.
I find myself feeling bad for the Verizon workers who are stuck like the rest of us, fighting for benefits, trying to keep their jobs from being sent overseas. Then, I’m mad that I think someone might have sabotaged an exchange box taking down service for the neighborhood.
I’ve though about shutting down the house phone and just using the cell - which I would do if I had another option for going online besides my dialup (we’re too far from the local station for DSL and Optimum Online isn’t an option). I hate the dialup anyway, it’s realllllllyyyyy sllllooowww.
This is one of those good news/bad news things. The good news is it kept me off my ass sitting in front of the computer surfing away this weekend, the bad news was originally they had indicated service wouldn’t be restored until Wednesday which isn’t a problem for me but, isn’t good for my 80 year old father who should be able to call out if something happens to him.
Moot point anyway, since service was miraculously restored this morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment